What are the Pros and Cons of Co-Ed and mixed Sport Teams or games?
Martial Arts News
4os eth thresher
4os eth Wire Fleece (933def)
3os 9ED Dusk Shroud (510def)
3os 7ED Mage Plate (280def)
0os eth CV
0s 15ED/10Dur Great Hauberk(577def)
+11% +3cl ormus
Pally Offensive Aura/12% FHR
Sin Martial Arts
Pally Def. Aura
20life x 3
5fhr x 9
3 Reset Tokenssubmitted by /u/Enewgat to r/slashdiablo
"Thanks for coming everyone, I will now leave the podium to Headless. You may know him as the man around here with the best head on his shoulders, despite having none."
Name: Harakhty El Sharkawy
Date of birth: 03/11/1988
Alignment: HeadSelfless Good.
Registration status: Tier 1 Hero.
Intentions: Possible creep.
Theme Song: "Comme ça" by Mathias Duplessy.
Appearance: Slightly NFSW Headless in thongs. He looks like a man with no neck or head, wearing a black thong, muscular and with dark Egyptian skin.
Background: Born in Luxor, Egypt, Harakhty doesn't remember much of his home country: his adoptive family moved to the USA when he was 6, to help some distant relatives of theirs run a car repair shop in Detroit. He lived there until he was 21, when he went to expand the family business to Newark, New Jersey with his two stepbrothers. Six years later, in 2015, his business was struggling, with meta technology slowly making old-fashioned repair shops obsolete. In an attempt to stay afloat, Harakhty and his brothers started accepting any and all repair jobs, trying to learn new technology as they were repairing it.
On the 5th of March 2015, they were presented with what seemed to be a surprisingly easy job: in the aftermath of a metahuman fight, a motorcycle had been covered in some kind of acid substance, ruining all of its exterior surfaces. Despite the simplicity of the repair, no other shop was willing to risk dealing with what could have been a biohazardous material. Harakhty accepted anyway, and started to work on it by using new experimental reconstructive compounds he had tried to reverse-engineer from meta auto-repairing technology. The exterior was already barely salvageble, he tought, so worse case scenario would've meant scrapping something that was already ruined. After he applied the compouds, however, they reacted violently with the acid residuum, starting to boil and melt the motorcycle. Desperately trying to save the customer's property, he grabbed a fire extinguisher, pouring its contents on the active reaction. The last thing he remembers was crawling away from the expanding foam, flesh and clothes melting off his body.
Harakhty awoke in a hospital bed, blind, mute, and with no head or neck. In the first days, he struggled to understand the world around him and communicate, but he eventually learned to use his enhanced sense of touch and interpret his blindsense. He went through rigorous metahuman tests, discovering that while he still looked somewhat human, his body had undergone a complete transformation, down to the most basic cellular structure. He could regenerate any cell, although to do so he would have to expel the damaged tissue and rebuild it from scratch. Freshly rebuilt tissues are much more durable than normal, especially in regards to bludgeoning damage.
After two months of continuous training, he finally acquired his Tier 1 hero license, becoming a full-time hero in the city of New York. Thanks to his peculiar appearance and expressive body language, he quickly became somewhat of a local celebrity. When he's not on active hero duty, he can be found doing photo shoots, attending conferences and generally 'giving a voice', as he likes to ironically put it, to the ones who have the most trouble to be heard by society: mute, deaf, blind and disabled people, immigrants, orphans, and homeless are the groups whose rights he most often advocates for.
Personality: Patient, easy-going and eager to help. After an interview with him, NBC New York described him as "kindness personified".
Base of Operations: He owns a 200 seat conference room in downtown New York, donated by anonymous benefactors in order to foster his charity-related activities. The room is either rented privately to pay bills and taxes, used to hold fundraising events for charity or given free of charge to reputable charities.
Equipment/Resources: He owns several black thongs, made out of a high-tech, breathable, bulletproof fabric, as well as several small "text"-to-speech high-tech instruments. The thongs do not obstruct his blindsense, which is why they're the only thing he usually wears. Inside the thongs can be usually found his Tier 1 Hero License and his "text"-to-speech instrument, which is directly linked to one of his redundant nervous systems.
Blindsense. Headless is able to perceive objects and surfaces that are within 100 meters of him and with which he's sharing a medium of contact. For example, he's able to perceive things that are in the same atmosphere that he is, and things that are in contact with the same ground he's standing on. This sense perceives the medium more than the objects themselves, meaning that he's able to perceive the soles of someone's shoes if he's touching the same ground they're walking on, but the air he's standing in needs to be continuously linked to the air they are surrounded by in order to perceive their complete form. This sense can be incredibly precise, allowing him to perceive the slight difference in texture caused by different colours of inks printed on paper, but he needs to actively focus in order to perceive details smaller than 1 millimeter, just as a normal person would need to focus in order to read a sign hung upside down. This sense allows him to perceive at a distance things like heat and consistency, although they're estimates relative to the mean used to perceive them.
Enhanced Touch. All of Headless's skin is covered in extremely sensitive friction ridges (essentially fingerprints), allowing him to detect ridges as little as 2 nanometers deep in an otherwise smooth surface, which is about 6 times as sensitive as a human fingertip. He has a very good tactile memory, allowing him to remember the fingerprints of a person he shook hands with.
Whole-body Hearing. Headless has an exceptional sense of hearing, being able to perceive any frequency between 5 Hz and 150 kHz.
Mega/microcellular Biology. Headless' internal cells are incredibly large, each one as large as what in a normal human would be a tissue (e.g. a bone, a muscle). The skin is the inverse, being composed of cells 6 times smaller than would be expected. This makes him immune to regular bacteria and viruses, which are not able to thrive in such an alien environment.
Cellular Generalization. Each of Headless internal megacell is redundant, making all of his megacells non-vital. He lacks regular organs, his internal structure being functionally made out exclusively of muscles, bones, ligaments and tendons.
Relentless Metabolism. Headless' body doesn't need sustenance, water, or rest, thanks to a minor continuous regeneration effect.
Cellular Regeneration. Headless can regenerate any and all cells from scratch as long as he has a singular undamaged internal megacell to regenerate them from. An internal cell that has received at least a Tank hit is considered damaged, and cannot heal on its own in any way. Instead, it has to be discarded and regenerated from scratch. Headless can effortlessly and painlessly detach any cell from any other, regardless of their suffered damage. When detaching any number of cells from the rest, he must decide which continuous group of undamaged cells will be his core (cells detached from the core die within 1 minute). He can then regenerate missing cells from his core, at the rate of 1 kg per second. This rate is proportionally reduced as body mass is damaged or missing. If, for example, Headless has a remaining undamaged body mass of 50% (which would be 50kg due to him weighing 100 kg), he would regenerate 0.5 kg of mass for the 1st second, then 0.505 kg for the 2nd second, and so on.
Internal Dynamo. Instead of housing regular organs, his torso has a series of muscles and bones that can move the whole body abruptly. Once every second, headless can use this dynamo to move his whole body in a single direction with 300 kJ of energy. This amount of force cannot be controlled or diminished, and damages Headless as normal if it results in an impact.
Lifting Strength: 40 tons lifted over"head" from rest.
Striking Strength: 200KJDurability Type Unphased Tank Stagger KO Kill Other Kinetic Energy 1KJ 10KJ 150KJ 500KJ 1MJ Double as resistant to blunt force Thermal N/A N/A N/A 100° Celsius 200° Celsius 4x resistance to change. Energy Density - - - - - 15 KJ/mm2 for skin, 5 KJ/mm2 for internal structures Crushing/Ripping 2.5 tons 5 tons 13 tons 20 tons 33 tons Double the numbers for crushing, halve them for ripping
Reaction Time: 10 milliseconds.
Travel Speed: 20 m/s without using Dynamo. 60 m/s with Dynamo.
Combat Speed: 30 m/s without using Dynamo. 80 m/s with Dynamo.
Martial Skill: Expert in a nameless, family-learnt martial art that uses improvised weapons to disable a target.
Mechanic. He's a master mechanic, having worked in the field all his life, even dabbling in meta technology. Moreover, he can use his blindsense to examine the inner workings of a mechanical object with extreme accuracy. In combat, he can use this knowledge to disable mechanical objects with surgical precision.
Languages. He understands Arabic and English as a native speaker, and has a good knowledge of French. The "text"-to-speech software allows him to communicate both in English and Arabic. He can have and understand a simple conversation using American Sign Language, which he's actively learning.
Expressive Body Language. He's adept at making himself understood just through or with the help of gestures. He can also communicate basic concepts to people with profoundly different cultures from him, and even to animals.
Blind. Headless has no conventional sense of sight. This makes it impossible for him to distinguish colours, see images on a screen or perceive things that are beyond his blindsense radius.
Skin-Based Blindsese. Headless' blindsense works through his skin: as such, damaging or removing it reduces his blindsense proportionally. For example, an abrasion that removes 5% of his skin reduces his blindsense radius to 95%, or 95 meters.
Body-Based Hearing. Headless' hearing works through all of his body: as such, for any percentage point of loss or damaged body mass, increase his lower hearing rage (5 Hz) by 5 Hz and decrease his upper hearing range (150kHz) by 2 kHz. Because of this, he loses his sense of hearing completely when having 25% or less undamaged body mass.
Sound Sensitivity. Regardless of the state of his hearing ability, headless is automatically staggered by any 120 decibels or louder sound in his normal hearing range.
- He has used Dynamo to jump from ground level to the top of a 20 story building.
- He can use Dynamo to execute a staggered, 'double jump' kind of flight, which allows him to move at 30 m/s vertically and 45 m/s horizontally.
- He deflected a bullet by sacrificing his pinky finger, regrowing it while he punched the criminal into the ground.
- Fighting Skill:
- He made headlines in the first week of Tier 1 work when he stopped a robber's car by jamming a STOP sign into the engine. One of the pictures that were taken that day is now hung in his office.
- He restrained a villain with a jumper cable, using only one hand.
- To prevent an explosive charge from destroying a building, he detached one of his hands, making it his core and throwing it away as far as possible. Then, he threw the rest of his body on top of the charge, absorbing the worst of the explosion. He then regrew the rest of his body in a bit less than 9 minutes.
- While catching up with a runaway flying meta, he detached his arms and legs in order to get double as much speed out of his Dynamo flight. He then proceeded to repeatedly bodyslam the meta towards the ground, and in the one minute it took to reach the ground Headless had regrown all of his limbs.
Known Info: (general cases, ask beforehand to make sure)
Common. Headless has peaked the interest of a few international broadcasts, being used as proof that even the more unsettling metas can bring positive change to society. His powers and feats are very rarely discussed.
Local. He's somewhat of a celebrity in New York, and the average person may know some parts of his background, what charities he advocates for, what his powers roughly are and a couple of feats he did.
Researchable. All of his Feats are public knowledge, as well as his past, thanks to the numerous interviews he has taken. His civilian name as well as his relatives and friends from before he got powers are kept private, as are the cities he lived in before NYC. His powers can be researched and understood to a good degree, but biological and anatomical details are kept secret along all weaknesses.
Archived. Everything present in this thread.
Nothing Earth-shattereing here folks. Don't get excited.
I went to bed perfectly fine with no mark on my arm. This morning I woke up with this on my arm.
Last night I dreamt that alien abductions were occurring in my area. Although I have a difficult time remembering this dream I do recall seeing the saucer-like craft and a few of the beings, but that's it. (editing to say that the saucer-esque craft had something like a dome on top; what I guess would be a kind of viewing area)
The dream then shifted as dream do, but the theme of alien abductions never left last night's dream. What it shifted to was a dream that there was a serial killer in the area who abducted both myself and one other person. We managed to escape and then spent the rest of the dream trying to get the cops to respond to our 911 calls. We told them exactly where the guy was located but once the cops learned that we were in the area of the alien abductions they laughed at us and dismissed our calls as pranks, and then hung up on our 911 calls. Figures. Typical cops.
At any rate, the mark on my arm is quite interesting. I went to bed with no mark on my arm and then I wake up with this.
I have martial arts training and this is more-or-less the mark that I would expect to see if I yanked free from a grab. The thumb is the weakest link of a hold and you do this little twist-and-yank movement to pull the arm out from between the thumb and fingers. The result, when the attacker has a vice-like grip on your arm, is a mark similar to what you see in the photo. In short it's like a rug burn as the thumb grips into the skin and slides down the arm.
The lighting in the photo is a bit off but in person you can clearly see the "stutter marks" in the skin where something slid hard down my arm to where the mark tapers off. The larger bit at the top is of course where the thumb - or whatever it was - would have dug into my arm. Bits of the wound has scabbing where it must have broke the skin but it otherwise has this scar-like tissue, especially where it slides down the arm.
Makes me wonder what really happened last night.submitted by /u/WendigoRunner to r/DarknessPrevails
Anyone know any good classes aimed at adults with little to no experience?submitted by /u/Blanket_Criticism to r/melbourne
One of the main appeals of the concept of UI when it was first revealed was that "Woah it's not just a flat power boost! It's more technical and based off of martial arts skill for once in this martial arts anime! Goku had to unlock it through skill not screaming and power!". Flash forward to MUI and for the most part it's just a flat power boost with some dodging thrown in to try and convince us it's not centered around raw power. Everyone who gets a powerup usually dodges around their opponent to fuck with them in Dragonball anyway. Granted the scene where he compresses Jiren's huge fuck off energy ball then tosses it aside was awesome and I was hoping for more stuff like that but nope. I expected something cooler and more creative out of Ultra Instinct but maybe that's my fault for expecting too much out of Dragonballsubmitted by /u/Stop-Hanging-Djs to r/CharacterRant
I've been stumbled across this thread a couple hours ago and just been reading through the top posts of today, but it seems to be the place I should post my questions.
I'm a 26yo Male 173cm and 77kg - ill add a TL;DR at the bottom, otherwise some info on me
Now I'm aware I'm not hugely overweight but I have a lot more stomach than I'd like and a bit of man boob which I really hate. I've wanted to burn it off for a long time now (years) and initially opted for the I'll just exercise more and burn it off. Turns out that really doesn't work. I'm significantly fitter than I was 2 years ago but I'm down maybe 2kg from then.
I work really odd hours as I'm a Nurse my shifts are 7am-3pm, 2pm-10pm or 9:30pm-7:30am on a sporadic roster that changes weekly and it's not uncommon to do all 3 of these shifts in the same week which makes it difficult to stick to an eating schedual.
Whenever I'm not working the 2-10 shift I train, depending on the day and which class is on at my gym. Mondays and Wednesdays are Brazilian Ju-jitsu for and hour then Mixed Martial Arts for an hour straight after, Tuesday and Thursdays are Kickboxing for an hour and a half. Fridays are either Sparring or Stength and Conditioning for an hour. Weekends I tend to walk with my partner somewhere between 1 and 10km depending on the weather and how we're feeling or if we have plans.
So seeing as this hasn't worked for me, I want to start counting calories and make sure I'm eating at a defiect (I'm sure I am post exercise but maybe not general metabolism?) I've downloaded My Fitness Pal to help count, it seems easy enough to use if your food has barcodes, but for lunch at work I tend to just make a simple sandwich, (bread, ham, cheese, mixed leaves) how do I count something like that? Do you all really do the math on each ingredient and put it together cause that seems tedious when you make anything with more than a few ingredients.
I'm not certain on how much I'm currently eating, figure I'll start counting from today, but should I set my goal at 1500? From playing with the app I think I eat around 1700-1800 currently but I don't know how accurate the numbers were cause things without barcodes I just picked something similar sounding off the apps food list, and that doesn't seem to be shifting weight from me.
TL;DR - How do you count calories on food you make yourself? Do you actually count each ingredient you put in your food? (seems tedious for meals with lots of ingredients) Is 1500 calories a reasonable aim for calories in for weight loss?submitted by /u/Migit78 to r/loseit
Greetings, blah, blah, blah... I'm going to suggest, blah, blah, blah... Becuase it's seems to overpowered and that wouldn't blah, blah, blah... In short, i just want to be quick this time and explain my idea as fast as possible:
- The mirror who changes Yan-chan persona shouldn't be avaliable since the beggining of the game. Currently, the player doesn't have to perform any steps or chanllege in order to adquire the mirror whose access is always free and unlimited. This is the main problem.
- I think that this mirror who allows to change Yandere-chan's persona should only be avaliable on Yan-chan's house. This could solve a lot of problems, for example, the player wouldn't be able to abuse of the benefit from it and always change the persona. Instead, before arriving to school, the player would have to decide properly with what kind of persona Yan-chan should go to the school.
- However, to make even this more chanlleging, Yandere-chan wouldn't have the mirror since the beggining, instead she would have to purchase it from one store from an small-town/street.
- Yandere-chan is also not allowed to use the mirror more than twice per week, becuase if she changes so much time her personality, she could be considered fake and students wouldn't longer trust on her.
Also, i want to clarify one more thing. Renember when Dev said that in order to join a club, some requirements were needed? Well, the mirror is perfect to justify this feature:
- Depending on the club you want to join, you must change your personality so you fit properly. If the player doesn't have the proper personality to join the club, then the leader wouldn't considerer to let her join.
- Let me give you an example...
Cooking Club: Girly Persona,
Drama Club: Elegant Persona,
Occult Club: Shy Persona,
Art Club: Haughty Persona,
Light Music Club: Chill Persona,
Martial Arts Club: Confident Persona,
Science Club: Bookworm Persona,
Anime Club: Chill Persona,
Gardening Club: Graceful Persona,
Sports Club: Confident Persona
Well! This is my suggestion. This time i was quick, right? I hope you enjoyed it, are you agree? Are you disagree? Please tell me your opinions. Thanks for listening uwu.submitted by /u/KuuderessioPlusvalin to r/yandere_simulator
The following events happened on this day in history!
- Eddie Gilbert Rick Steiner vs Enforcer Max McGyver
- Finish of Eddie Gilbert Steiner vs Enforcer McGyver
- Samoan Swat Team vs Mike Justice and Rick Allen
- Finish of Samoan Swat Team vs Mike Justice Allen
- Ranger Ross vs Lee Scott
- Finish of Ranger Ross vs Lee Scott
- Iron Sheik vs Dewayne Bruce
- Finish of Iron Sheik vs Dewayne Bruce
- Sting vs Snake Brown
- Finish of Sting vs Snake Brown
- Mike Rotunda vs Richard Sartain
- Finish of Mike Rotunda vs Richard Sartain
- Casey Murdoch Junkyard Dog vs Raider Myers Brewer
- Finish of Casey Murdoch JYD v Raider Myers Brewer
- Varsity Club vs Jerry Price and Greg Brown
- Finish of Varsity Club vs Jerry Price and Greg Brown
- Great Muta vs Cougar Jay
- Finish of Great Muta vs Cougar Jay
- Butch Reed Rip Morgan vs Bob Emory Tony Suber
- Finish of Butch Reed Rip Morgan vs Bob Emory Suber
- Dustin Rhodes vs Blacktop Bully
- Finish of Dustin Rhodes vs Blacktop Bully
- Meng vs Hacksaw Jim Duggan in Martial Arts Match
- Finish of Meng vs Hacksaw Jim Duggan
- Arn Anderson vs Johnny B Badd
- Finish of Arn Anderson vs Johnny B Badd
- Macho Man Randy Savage vs Avalanche
- Finish of Macho Man Randy Savage vs Avalanche
- Big Bubba Rogers vs Sting
- Finish of Big Bubba Rogers vs Sting
- Harlem Heat vs Nasty Boys in Texas Tornado Match
- Finish of Harlem Heat vs Nasty Boys
- Vader vs Hulk Hogan in Leather Strap Match
- Finish of Vader vs Hulk Hogan
- Loch Ness vs Lex Luger
- Finish of Loch Ness vs Lex Luger
- Public Enemy vs Steiner Brothers
- Finish of Public Enemy vs Steiner Brothers
- Arn Anderson with Woman vs Booty Man with Kimberly
- Finish of Arn Anderson vs Booty Man
- Road Warriors vs Nasty Boys
- Finish of Road Warriors vs Nasty Boys
- Ric Flair and Taskmaster vs Mega Powers
- Finish of Mega Powers in Texas Tornado Match
- The Artist w Paisley vs Psychosis w Juventud Guerrera
- XS vs Norman Smiley and The Demon
- Bam Bam Bigelow vs The Wall
- 3 Count vs Brian Knobbs
- Booker T Kidman w Torrie Wilson vs Harlem Heat 2000
- Fit Finlay vs Vampiro
- The Mamalukes with Disco Inferno vs Harris Brothers
- Dustin Rhodes vs Terry Funk
- Lex Luger w Elizabeth vs Sting
- Sid Vicious vs Jeff Jarrett
- Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair
- Kwee-Wee vs Jason Jett
- Finish of Kwee-Wee vs Jason Jett
- Prime Time and Kid Romeo vs Rey Mysterio and Kidman
- Finish of Prime Time Kid Romeo vs Mysterio Kidman
- Shawn Stasiak with Stacy Keibler vs Bam Bam Bigelow
- Finish of Shawn Stasiak vs Bam Bam Bigelow
- Team Canada vs Team America
- Finish of Team Canada vs Team America
- Sugar Shane Helms vs Chavo Guerrero Jr
- Finish of Sugar Shane Helms vs Chavo Guerrero Jr
- Natural Born Thrillers vs Totally Buffed
- Finish of Natural Born Thrillers vs Totally Buffed
- Kanyon vs The Cat with Ms Jones
- Finish of Kanyon vs The Cat
- Booker T vs Rick Steiner
- Finish of Booker T vs Rick Steiner
- Jeff Jarrett and Ric Flair vs Dusty and Dustin Rhodes
- Finish of Jarrett Flair vs Dusty and Dustin Rhodes
- Diamond Dallas Page vs Scott Steiner with Midajah
- Finish of Diamond Dallas Page vs Scott Steiner
- Rob Van Dam vs Christian
- Finish of Rob Van Dam vs Christian
- Trish Stratus Vs Lita
- Finish of Trish Stratus vs Lita
- Booker T and Kurt Angle vs Edge and Kane
- Finish of Booker T Kurt Angle vs Edge Kane
- Maven vs Al Snow
- Finish of Maven vs Al Snow
- Dudley Boyz vs Billy and Chuck
- Finish of Dudley Boyz vs Billy and Chuck
- NWO vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan and The Rock
- Finish of nWo vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan The Rock
- John Cena vs Rhyno
- Finish of John Cena vs Rhyno
- Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty vs APA
- Finish of Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty vs APA
- Shelton Benjamin vs Charlie Haas
- Finish of Shelton Benjamin vs Charlie Haas
- Shelton Benjamin vs Billy Gunn
- Finish of Shelton Benjamin vs Billy Gunn
- Shelton Benjamin vs Rey Mysterio
- Finish of Shelton Benjamin vs Rey Mysterio
- Rey Mysterio vs Big Show
- Finish of Rey Mysterio vs Big Show
- Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio
- Finish of Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio
- Edge vs Brodus Clay
- Finish of Edge vs Brodus Clay
- Sheamus vs Kofi Kingston
- Finish of Sheamus vs Kofi Kingston
- Cody Rhodes vs Trent Barreta
- Finish of Cody Rhodes vs Trent Barreta
- Layla with Michelle McCool vs Kelly Kelly
- Finish of Layla vs Kelly Kelly
- Kane and Big Show vs Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel
- Finish of Kane Big Show vs Slater Justin Gabriel
- Jack Swagger vs Chris Masters
- Finish of Jack Swagger vs Chris Masters
- Rey Mysterio vs Ted DiBiase with Maryse
- Finish of Rey Mysterio vs Ted DiBiase
- Christian vs Alberto Del Rio
- Finish of Christian vs Alberto Del Rio
- John Cena vs Darren Young with Titus ONeil
- Finish of John Cena vs Darren Young
- David Otunga vs Ryback
- Finish of David Otunga vs Ryback
- R-Truth vs Damien Sandow
- Finish of R-Truth vs Damien Sandow
- Primo and Epico vs Team Hell No
- Finish of Primo and Epico vs Team Hell No
- Cody Rhodes vs Alberto Del Rio
- Finish of Cody Rhodes vs Alberto Del Rio
- Randy Orton and Sheamus vs 3MB
- Finish of Randy Orton and Sheamus vs 3MB
- Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler
- Finish of Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler
- The Miz vs Wade Barrett vs Chris Jericho
- Finish of The Miz vs Wade Barrett vs Chris Jericho
- Alexa Bliss talks about her match with Sasha Banks
- Finn Balor warns Alex Riley about Kevin Owens
- Kevin Owens addresses Alex Riley and Finn Balor
- William Regal interrupts Alexa Bliss and Sasha Banks
- Kalisto vs Tyler Breeze
- Finish of Kalisto vs Tyler Breeze
- Blake w Murphy vs Colin Cassady w Enzo Amore and more
- Finish of Blake vs Colin Cassady
- Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks
- Finish of Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks
- Alex Riley vs Kevin Owens
- Finish of Alex Riley vs Kevin Owens
What event was your favorite in this list?submitted by /u/WWE_Network_Bot to r/wwe_network
First of all, to get it out of the way, I probably haven't watched any SG youtubers recently, or in the last few months. I am basing this mainly on my memory in the past. When I realised this, I thought about why they are not well appreciated. So this is mainly a thread to discuss on what they can improve.
Second, I don't want to BM them. I really want our local youtubers to improve on what they are doing, because they are among the few that are actually producing content.
Ok to the main topic.
SG youtubers seem to have a ridiculous penchant for following set formulas. The "X ways to do Y" comes to mind, and I seriously think following this is either restrictive or overreaching, depending on scenario, to come up with a set number of ideas. Even coming up with some random number like 17 is not good, since there isn't a need to label each of your idea with a number. This isn't a statistics table, if I wanted to read numbers in a video I'll be looking at some science stuff.
Also, the titles are always clickbaity - which the core demographic probably isn't going to fall for. Most of the people imo that falls for clickbait are the older generation. My generation isn't likely going to fall for this kind of excuse of a title - especially with so much good content out there. So the clickbait isn't really necessary in most cases anyway.
Other than that, the main arguments I see for SG youtubers being bad is because of them being "uncreative" which I find it to be true - the follow a formula doesn't really work for the entertainment industry, at least not this way. I rarely recall anything resembling original content, what comes to mind are Jace Phua's skits and one random video about two secret agents, one professional and one newbie, getting an item, but they face problems because the newbie had to take a dump.
So, here are my suggestions.
My first example is JianHao Tan. As the SG Nigahiga, I never felt even compelled to watch his videos. The real Ryan Higa is a enigmatic, interesting individual, with his crazy outlandish ideas that works because he is him. Dong Saya Dae, The Cardboard, The Last Skitzo are among the best videos I have seen, and this really highlights the differences in their characters. JianHao feels like an edgy teenager trying to be Nigahiga, at least to me, and the drama around him makes it feel that way more. What makes them so different is how they portray themselves, which is noticably different, which can change a lot.
Next example is ideas. I disagree that SG youtubers are totally non creative. If I recall correctly, Jace Phua is probably one of the few people that made skits that are martial arts based in nature (and has their degree in comedy), while cheokboardstudio is pretty decent ignoring a few cringefest. However, I don't recall much creativity and I'm calling out WahBanana on this. After the loss of Elliot and co, they seem to default back to mostly "X ways to do Y", with a few standout episodes otherwise, and those are the better ones. The ones with more success, why not just let those ideas flow? They were pretty good, compared to the standard fare of overdone ideas.
Last thing I want to talk about is the cast. For this, I'm using NightOwlCinematics. I literally don't care for any characters besides Xi Gui Ong. But this can change drastically if the cast is more dynamic rather than so one dimensional, pushing for a character style, with an even bigger problem with such similiar styles. The obvious example is Smosh/Smosh games, but I don't even have to look across the border to find Malaysian youtubers that play it pretty well. But the better example, Smosh, has set character dynamics and they just play it off so well. The main people to talk about is Damien Haas, who is so expressive as the joker or troll, who even stands out among the rest of Smosh, who each can stand extremely well on their own. Meanwhile, NightOwlCinematics has Xi Gui Ong the watermelon head bullied kid, Lobang the ah long archetype and about 3 ah lians. I don't think anything else stands out, even though I was an avid fan a few years back.
The last thing I want to bring up is not a youtuber, but a movie series. Ah boys to men is honestly a great idea, showing NS life, even though it tends to drift into a noticeable amount of subplots (Honestly the film works better if they focused on the full comedy, rather than the actual main plot), but either way it is pretty good. Ah boys to men 2 was a decent conclusion to a good movie. Ah boys to men 3 is iffy, but ok, they had success and wanted to try a different angle. Ah boys to men 4 was beating a dead horse. Jack Neo has produced pretty good films, why not try something new, considering how well his ideas tend to work, rather than working a franchise to its death?
TLDR: Discussion on how youtubers in SG can improve, with examples using other youtubers worldwide
EDIT: Wow I am really out of touch. Besides those I mentioned, I know TreePotatoes, Ministry of Funny, Dee Kosh, Steven Lim... and I think that is pretty much it. The rest have zero impression on mesubmitted by /u/Aryzal to r/singapore
This is the best tl;dr I could make, original reduced by 52%. (I'm a bot)
Update 03/16/2018:At approximately 12:50 p.m. Friday afternoon Taipei time, Schulte had taken down all of the pornographic videos from his PornHub account.
TAIPEI - Taiwanese women are among the 36 Asian women an American mixed martial arts fighter and self-proclaimed "Pick-up artist" who have unwittingly appeared in his pornographic videos online.
A Taiwanese woman yesterday on the Facebook group Breaking News Commune posted a warning that a 32-year-old American MMA fighter named Jaymes Schulte has been secretly filming one-night-stands with Taiwanese women and posting them on a porn website for profit.
She also said that the names and descriptions of the videos contain obscene and degrading language and she fears many Taiwanese women have been victimized.
She reminded any women that come in contact with him to be extremely cautious and if they discover they have been included in any of his videos online, they should contact the authorities immediately.
According his numerous social media accounts, Schulte is a an American professional MMA fighter and he claims to be a "Pick Up Artists" who enjoys shooting "Travel porn videos." On the adult video website PornHub, Schulte has an account titled TravelPorn with over 3,000 subscribers and 800,000 views, which contains videos of at least 36 Asian women performing sexual acts with him.
NOTICE: This thread is for discussing the submission topic. Please do not discuss the concept of the autotldr bot here.submitted by /u/autotldr to r/autotldr
King of Beasts (Mama Chocobo Axe with beastkiller)
Grand Helm (confuse Resistance)
Assassin's Vest (Poison, Paralyze Resistance)
Demon Horn (Beastkiller)
Martial Arts Mastery
World Destroyer (debuff ATK/MAG)
with Fire easper
wait till VoF's skill "Flamelord" has been activated (HP below 30%)
Use World Destroyer every 3 turn after Flamelord has been activated
Use "Flaming Axe" before Boss HP below 30%
Cycling World Destroyer=>Full Charge Stomp=>Full Charge Stomp=>World Destroyer
Use Elixir if needed
Hey everyone, I’ve always wanted to learn a martial because I’m 19 and I feel like I wouldn’t be able to hold my own in an actual fight if it ever were to occur. I’ve never been the athletic type I’m pretty weak and I get tired quickly after running, I’m 6’3 and weigh about 180. I’m really serious about this and I will be committed and I know I won’t quit I just am having a little early class jitters .I recently have been getting into watching ufc and decided Muay Thai was the martial art I wanted to learn and I am determined to get good at it but I do have some questions.
I know I’m going to get my ass kicked in the conditioning department but do you think it will be to the point where I will gas out almost immediately?
I want to go 4 times a week the class is 1 and a half hours long , do you think that is too much for a beginner?
What should I eat before I go to the class?
I’m pretty lanky and skinny and I want to not only learn how to fight but also gain some muscle and have a toned body not buff but be able to not feel like all my clothes are baggy on me. Do you think over time I will gain the muscle and become toned?