Lacrosse Latest News
Tuesday, May 22
7:00 ET - Sahlen's Stadium at WakeMed Soccer Park; Cary, NCGOAL North Carolina Marios Lomis 1-0 17' GOAL Ocean City Uros Ilic 1-1 26' GOAL North Carolina Austin Da Luz 2-1 Half Time - - 2-1 66' GOAL North Carolina Dre Fortune 3-1 83' GOAL North Carolina Donovan Ewolo 4-1 - FULL TIME - - 4-1
Wednesday, May 23
7:00 ET – MUSC Health Stadium; Charleston, SC
7:00 ET – Southern Oak Stadium (Jacksonville University), Jacksonville, FLGOAL Miami United FC Tomas Granitto 0-1 26' GOAL Miami United FC Nicolas Gorobsov 0-2 - - - - -
7:00 ET – Lynn Stadium (University of Louisville); Louisville, KYHalf Time - - 0-0 - - - - -
7:00 ET – Highmark Stadium; Pittsburgh, PAGOAL FC Cincinnati Jimmy McLaughlin 1-0 - - - - -
7:00 ET – City Stadium; Richmond, VAGOAL Richmond Kickers Luiz Fernando 1-0 [PENN] 22' GOAL Richmond Kickers Luiz Fernando 2-0 [PENN] 38' GOAL [PENN] Penn FC Jorge Rivera 2-1 [PENN] - - - - -
7:30 CT – Vanderbilt Soccer/Lacrosse Complex; Nashville, TN
7:30 CT – Richland Community College; Dallas, TX
7:30 CT – Toyota Field; San Antonio, TX
7:30 MT – John Riggs Stadium; Mesa, AZ
7:00 PT – Rio Hondo College; Whittier, CA
7:30 PT – Greater Nevada Field; Reno, NV
Round 4 matchups will be decided by a draw on May 24.
Visit /r/usopencup for more U.S. Open Cup news and discussion.submitted by /u/USOC_Matchday to r/MLS
So the world cup is a couple weeks away now and I'm wondering who's going?
Are you playing for a team? What you going down for? Any Israeli's got any tips for us?
I'll be going down with the Highlanders team to compete in the Higher men's elite drinking tournament.
If there is enough we should arrange a wee get together or at the very least stand in for Canada!submitted by /u/UltimateGammer to r/lacrosse
US Lacrosse has sent out a survey this year asking for feedback on the rules they changed this year, as well as asking for opinions on rules they're considering for the future.
A few of the potential rules they're considering that caught my attention:
"Excessive Possession" a technical foul awarding the ball to the opposing team when one player holds the ball for more than 5-7 seconds. This is very likely a youth level rule along the lines of the "4 seconds without possession in a ground ball scrum award AP."
Automatic ejection for violent hits to the head and neck, regardless of intent. 3 Min NR penalty and immediate ejection of the player. No mention of the level this would be applied, but again, I suspect it is intended mostly for youth levels.
Elimination of all body checks at the youth level. "Some contact" would be allowed.
Elimination of "Get it in keep it in" during the last 2 minutes. I'm in favor of this one.
As a coach, I would love to figure out a way to address the excessive possession issue. In my opinion, its poor coaching first, so it needs to be addressed there. As a referee, I do not think making it a rule that I have to now enforce (along with all the others we're supposed to manage now) is the proper route to take. USL should be encouraging coaches to promote a better style of play and helping them learn how to coach this game. More Level 1 and Level 2 coaches' clinics (and making it a requirement for coaches to complete at least one of them each year) are the answer to this problem, not adding to the refs' burden.
As a coach on the youth level, there is no place for heavy hitting in this game at this level. Kids at this age need to learn to use proper mechanics and footwork, not look for ways to lay out another kid. But "criminalizing" the behavior by forcing an ejection is not the answer, either. Make sure the refs are clear on the zero tolerance for hits around the head and neck (as a ref and a coach, I still see a LOT of subjectivity on this). Make sure the coaches go through a training before the season and are educated on what is a no go. I was amazed at how many coaches in our league this year did not understand the head/neck rules. Its not like the information isn't out there. But USL is not requiring these associations to use it, so it goes unnoticed by many clubs.
No body checks is already the rule through 12U, so adding it to 14U is the only major change to this rule. However, I do think this is also a mistake. These kids are going to have to make the adjustment to contact when they get to High School. 14U is an excellent place to make the transition. Waiting until JV/Varsity to make the adjustment is unrealistic and unhealthy for the kids. They'll go from no contact among their age appropriate peers to getting hammered by kids with 1-2 (or more) years of experience with body contact. This is not how they should progress.
That being said...what are you thoughts on these proposed changes? Do you think other rules should be adjusted?
And please, offer serious input. "They're ruining the game" and "what's next, skirts?" kind of comments don't add anything to the conversation. I don't agree with all of the rules they have put in place to eliminate contact, but I do agree that it has no place at younger ages, particularly in non-traditional lacrosse areas. Inexperienced coaches and players tend to think lacrosse is hockey on grass and the sticks are to be used as clubs.submitted by /u/LaTuFu to r/lacrosse
88 gpa, 23 act, 4 years varsity lacrosse, part time Sumer job at furniture store, service learning class (Monday morning soup kitchen)submitted by /u/j_cassell to r/chanceme
Dan, Stu, Hoch, Mike, Roy in studio - Mike and Roy don't talk hardly at all
All sad movie scenes rejoins
O, I'M BAD AT THIS!- Dan: "I just lapsed into Wade/Lebron Talk."
P Diddy bumper music
Stugotz: football never ends Dan: First text I got "What's the news on Joel Pryzbilla" I want football back
LINSANITY TALK! Carmello will return in March, take 57 shots, and lose - Asian American sensation!
Legs at 5:30
Brickl Irish Pub watch party
Darren Rovel Playboy controversy
Stugotz wants to play Augusta
Shefter thinks Dolphins will land Manning
Sean Penn is dating Scarlett Johanson - Sean is made of leather, but he's also made of money
Dan doesn't like when police uses their power - A cop said to him "You better pump the brakes, pal" soaked in anger - Stu "Cuff and Stuff" - Who uses the word Pal!
Ralph Nader - Wants to ban fighting in hockey - Nader is the letter writing Don Quixote - Stu has no idea who Ralph Nader is
THIS IS 790 THE TICKET deep voice guy
Dance house music from Miguel Ruiz
Eli Manning talk - he talks less than his brother - says nothing interesting - What does he say to his huddle in that final super bowl drive: Nothing - Stu was number 4 in lacrosse
Joe Montana said "Hey, there's John Candy" in the super bowl huddle - What would Stu say? ○ He would fabricate it - "Everyone look me in the eyes, we're having a parade in New York, we're going 95 yards to beat Brady"
Kobe Bryant passed Shaq on the all time scoring list, he want's his 6th ring - He's taken more shots that Kareem
Parks and Rec rejoiner: Tammy Swanson
Hock would somehow put himself in there when congratulating someone else - I'm kinda that guy - You can't put "We're both lucky" in an anniversary card to your wife - that's what Shaq just did
Blake Griffin "mosgoves" Kendrick Perkins rejoin
San Diego announcer fired for calling someone a Sasquatch of a woman - Can Piers Morgan call Madonna GRUESOME
Is there any women who can maintain relevance across decades like Madonna - Mariah Carry, Paula Abdul, Steven Tyler, Cher ○ Madonna looked amazing at the SB halftime show
Greg Cote joins the show:
- Bay Bay! Madonna has Michelle Obama Arms - Most interesting athlete in South Florida: Ricky Williams - Stugotz is Capt Kneejerk - Cote cut off mid sentence on Marino talk
Bert and Ernie rejoin
NY Giants were 9-7 with a -6 score differential…but ring!
Limited fake: Mike Biamonti - dial tone
Gronk was dancing after the Pats loss - Stu will always have a problem with that - Dan says it's OK
Ron Magill Show - Animal sound: toa ke toa ke! - Pet monkeys are great for the 1st 2 years, then they turn into dirty little people that bite - Visit Suncity resort
Fresh Prince get caught with pills in locker - sad rejoin
She's got LEGS: - Dan hates the Legler intro music
Bubba Gump dies in Forrest Gump's arms rejoin
Daren Rovell interview: The playboy twitter beef was overblown
Dan out for the last 40 minutes: Stu and Hoch take CALLS!submitted by /u/jdt2003 to r/DanLeBatardShow
I'm currently looking at two very different cars and I'm torn between the two. Any help that you guys can offer is appreciated! Due to some financial issues in my family, we've voluntarily repo'd a lease on a 2017 Fusion Energi that had much too high of a payment to continue paying given the situation and I'm looking at pre-owned cars. I've always leased and have never had a used car before, so I'm way out of my element here... please help! Which car is going to be more reliable in the long term and have the lowest maintenance costs? I plan to keep whatever car I get for the next five to six years.
Option 1: 2014 Focus ST (70,000 miles) - $14,998
Window Sticker: http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?token=3%2FdlNHKzSL1Amtx6j6HJOPNUWcA14AJ%2FOVT0hTqEvUXbnwCUZ5K3szcLiJcfuCzRlBGoutcZeeWaTM9d77xxmjrqGFxAnlMR2SFFX5i7ZmaSNvxAr4TXBBEIOzSBdgmrf%2FB7r38DzapUbrJe2aFyzMnaxA8VxhWTBXc552jQejA%3D
- I've wanted a Focus ST for ages... I previously had a 2014 Focus SE 5-speed and I loved that car. The ST would definitely have a high smiles per gallon rating
- Great maintenance records (regular oil changes and full service packages at 10k, 20k, 30k, 45k, and 60k miles)
- Certified Pre-Owned with full powertrain coverage up to 100,000 miles or 2021 (whichever comes first)
- Sunroof (a feature I've had on my past three cars: 2012 Civic Si, 2014 Focus SE 5-speed hatchback, 2017 Fusion Energi)
- Decent-ish gas mileage (23 city / 32 highway)
- CarFax (https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner%20=%20FRD_2&vin=1FADP3L95EL371899) shows that damage was reported to the front end of the car in 2016, whatever damage was there has since been repaired... CarFax does not specify that the damage was accident related
- Higher mileage than the other car I'm looking at (70k vs. 52k)
- Fairly stripped down: doesn't have heated seats, touchscreen, premium audio, leather, etc.
Side note: the dealer is offering me an extended (and fully transferable) bumper to bumper warranty good through 125,000 miles or 2021 that would add $41/month to my payment. The warranty has a $100 deductible. Personally I am leaning towards passing on the extended warranty because the car has powertrain coverage through 100,000 miles.
Option 2: 2012 Buick LaCrosse V6 FWD Premium III package (52,000 miles) - $13,990
- Low mileage for its age (less than 10k miles driven/year)
- Completely clean 1-owner CarFax (https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=DEY_0&vin=1G4GH5G31CF218787) with good maintenance records (oil changes every 3,000 miles)
- Sold at a dealership where my cousin is a saleswoman so I know she's not screwing me over - she confirms that the car was turned in by an ancient married couple in their 80s
- Almost fully loaded: heated/ventilated seats, autodimming mirrors, navigation (outdated though), power sunshade, premium Harmon Kardon audio system
- Cheaper than the Focus ST but on the flip side the interest rate on the loan for this car is higher than the Focus ST so the total cost pretty much evens out over the life of the loan give or take a couple hundred bucks
- Cousin who works at the dealership is tossing in gap coverage and tire/rim protection plan for free
- Very smooth and comfortable ride, also the V6 is peppy and makes a really nice sound (I've exclusively driven 4-bangers or atkinson cycle hybrids in the past)
- It's a Buick and I already deal with my friends/fraternity brothers giving me shit for being an "old man"
- Slight shudder felt through the brake pedal and steering wheel when braking (nothing severe though)
- No sunroof... this might seem minor but it's a big deal to me I'm that guy who ALWAYS has the sunroof open even in the dead of winter
- Poor gas mileage (17 city / 27 highway)