What kind of sports will improve heart performance?
I am not a doctor, I am just writing based on my life experience and observations.
I used to be very tired quickly and out of breath after walking on steps to go upstairs when I wasn't eating healthy.
To solve the problem, I did a combination of things:
Eating healthy foods containing Omega 3 ( salmon, vegetables, salad, fruits, etc).
- Cut all artificial sugar and alcohol
- If you like coffee, drink it with no sugar or sweetener. I recommend tea instead with small quantity of organic honey.
- Then exercise, exercise, exercise : Run at least 10 minutes non stops and at least 3 times per week
- Play a team sports like soccer or basketball where you will run continuously.
- Soccer or basketball will help you with cardio, endurance, eliminate body fat.
- Don't forget that you must start slowly, it will be hard on your body for the first 2 weeks, but don't quit, increase your running or playing time slowly and make it a habit.
- Discipline is your best buddy to help you succeed.
- Cardiovascular Health: Playing soccer involves constant shifts between walking, running and sprinting, which helps the heart by making it work more efficiently during exercise and at rest. A research study done by University of Copenhagen in women aged 20 to 45 showed that playing soccer regularly has a positive effect on the structure and function of the heart. Soccer also lowers your blood pressure, increases your maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max) and lowers your resting heart rate. Playing football regularly can reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. Here is a scientific paper about this: Short Term Street Soccer improves fitness and cardiovascular health status of homeless men.